Pages

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Day 24

WARNING: THIS POST HAS A LOT OF PICTURES!

Another good day, even though an old lady ripped my passenger side headlight completely out of its mount on my way home. She was nice and for once in my starving artist life, I have car insurance. Those little things kept me from freaking out in the middle of Beverly Hills as I shoved my headlight back into place. Anyway...


Last night I had decided that I wanted my next blog post to be about my writer wishes and dreams. I was watching HBO's newest documentary, LUCKY (also the last name of the old woman who sideswiped the hell out of my Corolla. seriously, her last name was Lucky) and a lovely science teacher, who'd won several million dollars in the lottery, talked about all of the things he dreamt of buying if he'd ever selected those magic numbers. His current life isn't one I'd wish for, but he made an excellent point about how the fantasy of being rich and buying whatever he wanted was a large part of the fun of playing the lottery in the first place. I have to agree. I may never be a millionaire off the sale of anything I crank out, but that doesn't stop me from thinking about the things I do want in terms of my writing career, even if some of those things may seem a little ridiculous.



Meanwhile...while I was at work, agent Rachelle Gardner posted a helpful bit on her blog about writers managing their expectations and for a brief moment I was afraid that Rachelle had pooed on some of the fanciful ideas that are bouncing around in my head. She didn't, so I'll share a few things I sort of secretly want. I'm sure I'll add to this list.
 
1. To have Adam Hughes do the cover art for something I write. AH! is my favorite comic book artist. I love the way he captures the female form, particularly Wonder Woman's form. My book has several female characters and it would be great to see him bring them to life visually. Yes, these are a few samples of his work

2. To have one complete stranger tell me they liked my book. I got to work with the woman who wrote my favorite movie ever, Girls Just Want to Have Fun. She was shocked and flattered to find out just how much I loved it. I'd love to hear just a taste of that from a reader. Just a taste.

3. To get a check to pay off my injured Corolla. It's not a whole lot of money.


I fully understand that none of these things may ever happen, BUT these are the kind of nice thoughts that add to the positivity and make it a lot easier to swallow rejections.


Some time in my adult life I would also like to own one of the following breed of dogs: Husky, Newfoundland (all black), Great Dane, A Chocolate and Yellow Lab. I need to have both or my plan wont work, or German Shepherd. I will name him Norm.

I think I can manage the dog situation and I will keep working towards wishes 1-3 and then some.



POSITIVITY RULES!!


 i feel like im getting closer to finding my Ginger.

No comments:

Post a Comment