Pages

Monday, August 16, 2010

Day 42

A particular agency states on their website that email queries are, from time to time, lost/bounced back if they are sent from a - we'll call it a "sketchy"- email address. They recommend that you resend your query if you haven't heard back from them in a certain amount of time, as it may have been lost/kicked back by their spam blocking system.

My fear on this Monday morning: I build up the proper level of anxiety waiting for this period of time to run out (exactly 3 weeks from today), resend and the very same day I receive a rejection for the initial query. Additional horror would come if they rejected the resend as I suspect they would.

In other news, wedding #2 was amazing even though Bridesmaid #4 fainted in the third quarter of the ceremony. She was quickly whisked to safety and the vows were completed. We all made it to the reception and the THREE after parties in one piece. My toast was well received even though my voice carries the silken tones of a very seductive man and then I was actually handed the bouquet by the bride in front of all the guests to eliminate any possible dance floor injuries (I didn't want the bouquet, but a disabled woman was taken out last year during the bouquet toss at another friends wedding).

No one laughed in my face, I repeat, IN MY FACE, when I told them I was writing romance novels for the foreseeable future. The bride and Bridesmaid #2 actually gave me all sorts of fun bits on being in Alpha Delta Pi and offered to help me with my research for Book #2. Sleeping in SPANX isn't as bad as it sounds and I will never fly United Airlines again. If you haven't discovered the joys of SPANX, please visit their website.

The bride and groom danced their first dance to...



No comments:

Post a Comment