Pages

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Day 45: Confession #1

I know I've promised to be positive and I know that keeping your mouth shut is the very best thing to do in certain situations, but if I don't put this out there it will eat at me all weekend. And maybe next week.

I have few synopses to write for different agencies I would like to submit to, but it's taking forever to get them done. At first I was lying to myself, blaming my ADHD, weddings, my boyfriend's rugged good looks, my recent discovery of black diamond on my procrastination, but last night I realized the real issue. I'm holding out for a particular agent's reply. I may be shooting myself in the foot for saying this, but its the truth. I found them and got the warm-fuzzies from their website, their blog, their agents tweets, even the nice way they explain their review process.

In general, I suck at cover letters. Applying for colleges was one of the most miserable experiences of my entire life, but I did it. I'm pretty sure I've lost plenty of jobs to my cover letters, but I always kill in the interview. Not to say that my query letters are terrible, but I just hate writing them.

I don't have too long to wait to hear back from this particular agency, so I've decided to just wait on writing those synopses. I know myself and anything I force ends up sucking, hard. So I'll wait and if I get a rejection from that agency I'll be able to mourn properly and move on. If they request a partial...

I feel a lot better sharing this information with you and just like that the positivity has returned. 

Also, I'll confess that I wish my boyfriend still played football. His knees and back are glad that part of his life is over, but he looked really good in his jersey. Something like this -->

4 comments:

  1. Procrastination is not always bad. Sometimes it is just nice to give your mind a breather, especially if your heart is set on this one agency. Enjoy this time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're too sweet. i just want your namesake to see the light of day and hopefully some borders shelves.

    ReplyDelete